My name is Dana and I am addicted to home design blogs. It started innocently enough about 5 years ago while reading the complete blog archives of some of the BIG blogs like Design Sponge and Apartment Therapy. Later, I moved on to blogs with more personal insight like, Cote de Texas, Miss Mustard Seed, and Southern Hospitality. These days, I am finding some uber talented kindred spirits right here in Music City, USA. I had the chance to meet several of these bloggers in person recently at the Southern Living Idea House at Fontanel’s Design Blogger Preview Day. Now that I’ve “met” them I am totally stalking their blogs, Facebook and Instagram postings. Right here in good ole NashVegas, we have some high profile blog writers. I’ve put together my favorites because I know you will want to check them out. Most all of them offer design services and e-design at very affordable rates.
So here goes:
- The Decorologist– I met Kristie through a mutual friend. Said friend kept saying, “You totally have to meet my friend Kristie. You two have so much in common.” She was right. I loved Kristie from the get-go. Her practical design advice works for EVERYBODY. Her paint color theory and recommendations should be required reading for interior design students. She’s that good. She likes to think of herself as filling the niche as designer for people who wouldn’t ordinarily hire an interior designer. She has years of archives to read through. I promise it will save you time and money to read and follow her advice. She is a contributor to HOUZZ.com, the Tennessean, and has been featured in national shelter magazines. I sell paint to people EVERYDAY, but I am on Kristie’s schedule for a paint color consultation for the exterior of our house. I’m not taking any chances. I only want to have to paint it ONCE.
- Make + Model– My first interaction with Brandy Adams is when she emailed me about painting a design on her floors over a year ago. She had a link on her email to her blog Chateau a Go-Go. I immediately started reading and fell head over heals for her Mid Century Modern meets Palm Beach/Hollywood Glamor aesthetic. She has lots of information about the history of the pieces she posts about. She recently changed her name to Make + Model to reflect the historical/educational story behind these pieces and designs of the past. She also has a KILLER pop-up shop sale once or twice a year at her house. I’d share more details about that, but I barely got out of there this year with a set of vintage bar glasses. She sold out in about 20 minutes. No joke. And the placed was FULL of merchandise. I’m actually hiring Brandy to do some personal shopping for me. She is looking for the perfect pair of chairs for my front porch.
- The Insane Domain- I met Melissa Crochet at the Make + Model pop up shop sale. Melissa partnered with Brandy for the sale. Melissa could not be any nicer and has great style to boot. I love following her on Instagram. She always posts cool things she finds at thrift shops and the Flea. We are becoming quite the close friends on Facebook. You know, she comments on and “likes” my stuff. I reciprocate. The things all social media friendships are made of.
- Gen’s Favorite– Although I have not yet met Gen Sohr, she is my new design crush. She and her husband have a design firm called Pencil and Paper Co. They settled in Nashville after High Profile careers in the design and fashion industry. If someone knows Gen, I’d appreciate an introduction. Pretty please 🙂 Follow her on Instagram for daily inspiration.
- LLH Designs– Linsey Hasenback- I found this blog when I was doing a Google search for something entirely different. Funny how that works. It was a God thing 🙂 The title of the blog was about moving to Franklin, TN. From reading her blog and looking at her beautiful photos I felt an instant connection to her and figured out that we were neighbors. She had recently moved from Houston and we were only a mile from each other. I felt God nudging me to get to know her and welcome her to the area. I sent her an email and left a comment on her blog and the funniest thing happened. She wrote back and told me she had been seeing Brooks’ Bella Tucker truck all over town. That particular day she was stuck behind him in traffic and had written down the phone #. She said she thought if she’d been seeing us all over town it must have been a sign that she was supposed to call us. She has a sweet, sweet heart for the Lord and writes about her faith, her city girl turned country farm girl life, and her amazing interior design finds. You will LOVE her, I promise.
- Decorator Dozen– Julie Couch is an amazingly talented interior designer. I actually met Julie in Los Angeles where we both attended the first ever Design Blogger’s Conference three years ago. We realized we were both from Nashville and struck up a friendship. She has a gorgeous retail store where she sells her curated treasures. Take a stroll through there if you need some inspiration. We worked with Julie in the 2011 Parade of Homes in Annandale and won an award for the Best Wall Finish. Can’t wait to team up with her again soon.
Thanks to some tips from our blog readers, here are a few more Nashville Home Design Bloggers to check out:
I hope you love these Nashville Home Design Bloggers as much as I do. Is there anyone local that I forgot? Please leave me a comment. Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Are you interested in decorative painting or faux finishes in your space? Please fill out the form below.