Want to save thousands of dollars on your kitchen remodel? Then let us paint your existing cabinets. If you like the layout of your kitchen, we can transform your existing cabinets into something updated and amazing. With a little paint and glaze we can update your kitchen cabinets without you having to replace them.
Granite, quartz and stone countertops are all the rage today. As a matter of fact, it you live in the Nashville TN area and your house is valued at over $250,000 then homebuyers EXPECT granite, quartz or stone countertops as a standard amenity and not an upgrade. So, if resale value is important to you, spend your money on the countertops and update your existing cabinets with paint and glaze.
Cabinet Painting Nashville TN
The most popular color combo in kitchen cabinets is vanilla or off white cabinets with a chocolate glaze.
White cabinets will never go out of style according to local color expert and blogger, Kristie Barnett The Decorologist or Vancover color expert Maria Killiam. Make sure you click on the links to read their expert opinions on white kitchen cabinets. Other popular paint color choices for cabinets are grey, and black.
We can also apply a stain to light cabinets to darken and update them without actually painting them. Many of our customers choose a different contrasting color for painting their kitchen islands. We can customize a paint finish to suit any design taste. Kitchen cabinets are a huge investment. They are actually highly used pieces of furniture and they need a paint finish that will stand up to daily use and occasional drips and spills.
Customer Testimonial and Before/After Kitchen Remodel:
Our cabinet painting process includes:
- we thoroughly clean the cabinet surfaces, doors, drawers, and base cabinets
- we remove the cabinet doors and take those off site to be sprayed
- light sanding of the surfaces to give the paint something to grip (depending on paint type and surface type)
- we apply a high grade paint primer
- we apply two coats of specialized high quality cabinet paint
- we distress the finish around the edges for a designer look (if approved by homeowner)
- we apply a glaze to enhance the architectural details of the cabinets
- we apply a quality top coat to protect the cabinet doors and drawers and painted finishes
- we reinstall the cabinet doors and hardware
In most cases you do not need to remove your dishes from the cabinets. We paint the base coat paint color on the outside and inside of the cabinet doors and glaze and distress the outside of the doors. Your kitchen will be completely useable each day when we leave. Most kitchen cabinet painting projects can be finished in about 7-10 days. Most of our painting customers can save almost ten thousand dollars over refacing cabinets and about $20,000-$30,000 over replacing with medium quality cabinets. We can even paint thermafoil or melamine cabinets.
If you would like to schedule a free cabinet painting consultation in the Nashville TN area, please fill out the form below. In many cases we can give you an email quote if you send us photos of your kitchen with the number of doors, drawers, and base cabinets. We’d love to hear from you!
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Here are a few posts from our blog about painting your kitchen cabinets. Hope you enjoy!
- What is cabinet glazing?
- Why your house painter should not be your cabinet painter
- Best Kitchen Cabinet Paint Colors
- Updating Your Kitchen Island
- Our top kitchen makeovers of 2016- lots of before/after photos
- Why you should hire an artist to paint your cabinets
- How to lighten up your kitchen.
- Two different color cabinets
- How to get a Million Dollar Kitchen on a limited budget
- Have you considered Grey Kitchen Cabinets?
- Oak Cabinets- You don’t have to live with the grain