The first time I met with the owners of this modern maple kitchen I remember thinking two things:
- THIS IS THE BEST LAID OUT KITCHEN I'VE EVER BEEN IN!!!!! I mean, look at all those drawers. As someone who is in and out of multiple kitchens each week, I know the value of a drawer. They are so much easier for organization and utilizing all your storage space. You can easily find anything you are looking for without having to bend down and reach into the no man's land behind cabinet doors.
- I CAN NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE REPLACING THAT FABULOUS HARDWARE. People pay BIG BUCKS for those bar style cabinet handles. (Affiliate Link) LIKE THESE
This previous owners had selected lots of maple wood and modern finishes. When the new homeowners came in they wanted to create a space that was in keeping with their Farmhouse style. They wanted lighter colors, black hardware, and distressed wood finishes. Think Chip and Joanna Gaines.
When I met with the homeowners they told me they wanted to paint the cabinets. We discussed color options and ended up with a two-color paint plan we were all really excited about. We used Sherwin Williams Creamy on the Upper Cabinets and Quietude on the Lower Cabinets. We used a similar color scheme in THIS KITCHEN.
I suggested that they build a wooden stove hood to tie into the upper cabinets. The old stove hood was too modern for the new look they were aiming for.
They were uncertain about the concrete waterfall island which I completely LOVE. It's so unusual in a world of granite and marble. It made it through the first round of renovations. WHEW!
They did decide to replace the countertops with with a lightly veined marble on the perimeter cabinets. They have plans for new backsplash tile and I hope to run back and get a few photos when they have that completed.
They replaced the hardware with black knobs and pulls. You could get the same look with (Affiliate Links) THESE and THESE. And guess what??? The client sold me the old hardware. Win/Win!
Aren't those quatrefoil lights fantastic? I found some similar ones (Affiliate Link) HERE.
And one more before and after photo.
Want to copy this kitchen? Below are sources for similar products. (Affiliate Links included)
- BLACK CABINET HARDWARE and HERE
- QUATREFOIL LIGHTS
- WHITE BARSTOOLS
- THREE TIER FARM BASKET
- BAR PULL CABINET HARDWARE
- METAL KITCHEN CHAIRS
- SHERWIN WILLIAMS 7012 CREAMY
- SHERWIN WILLIAMS 6212 QUIETUDE
Are you brave enough to try a two color kitchen? Read what color expert Maria Killim has to say on the topic. I think this one was executed perfectly. We'd love to hear from you.
EMAIL US FOR A FREE ESTIMATE
KITCHEN CABINET PAINTING, STENCILING, FIREPLACE MAKEOVERS, DECORATIVE PAINTING. With a few photos and a little information about your project we can email you an accurate estimate.
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Hi. Lovely kitchen. I dont see the Quietude? Is it on the base caninets frames only, with the drawer fronts sane as tops, SW Creamy? I think i can see some peaking out between the drawer fronts……. thanks!
Dana Tucker says
Thanks so much! The quietude is actually on the lower cabinets 🙂