A kitchen update doesn't have to break the bank. A recent client just completed a fabulous kitchen update for only $8,000. So fabulous in fact that Domino Magazine just did a feature on it. You can read it CLICK HERE.
How they did it
Our clients, Erin Sparks and her husband Zak had a great vision and a plan to get there on budget by shopping for deals and putting in a lot of sweat equity. Here's what they did: (includes affiliate links)
- They removed the soffit from the ceiling.
- Removed the upper cabinets and installed open shelving (DIY)
- Painted the windowsill and frame black. (DIY)
- Installed an updated light fixture. I found a similar one for $84 (affiliate link) CLICK HERE
- Updated with new quartz countertops.
- We painted their cabinets this fabulous SW 0064 Blue Peacock
- Updated copper hardware (affiliate link) CLICK HERE
- They added a geometric tile backsplash with high contrast grout- similar tile (affiliate link) CLICK HERE
- A new black faucet- (affiliate link) CLICK HERE
That cabinet color is truly amazing- rich and luxurious. The blue/green really makes the new copper hardware pop. I also LOVE the black painted windowsill and frame. Steel windows are the new HOT thing in design and new construction but they come at a hefty price. This is a great way to get the look for less.
Erin owns a vintage furniture and accessories company, Rent Vintage Sparkle. She is always on the hunt for fabulous vintage one of a kind pieces and she has many cool finds displayed on her new open shelves. Erin wrote about the kitchen remodel on her blog and you can check that out HERE.
We are so excited to have our work featured on Domino for the second time. If you missed the first one, you can read about that CLICK HERE.
Want to remember Erin's budget makeover solutions? Make sure to pin this graphic below.
Are you ready for a kitchen update?
We would love to talk to you.