If I’m being totally honest, my dream job would be to flip houses. Buying undervalued, out of date homes and turning them around for a profit. Since real estate prices are REALLY strong in our area- Franklin TN and the bargains are few and far between, I’m doing the next best thing. I’ve teamed up with my life long friend and realtor, Kelly Dougherty to help her fix up her listings to bring the homeowners top dollar. I’m so excited to show you this updated home that just went on the market.
But, buyers couldn’t get excited enough to put in an offer because of the dated kitchen and well, interesting fireplace.
The whole first floor felt kind of dark and dated. Kelly and I did a walk through and came up with a plan of action. Kelly has great style and knows what buyers are looking for and what they care about. I know how to make the selections and design decisions that would bring the house up to date and stay on budget. And together, we had the contacts to make it happen on a tight timeframe.
Plan of Action
Together we worked on a plan that included lots of fresh white paint and new updated light fixtures. Here’s what we did:
- Painted all the walls on the first floor SW Shoji White
- Cut down the top of the fireplace to shorten it so that a TV could be placed on top. Painted it white.
- Built up the window trim on each side of the fireplace to the ceiling.
- Replaced almost all the light fixtures on the first floor. (Never underestimate the power of updated lighting.)
- Replaced the kitchen countertops with a beautiful white quartz.
- Painted the Kitchen Cabinets (but not the island or butler’s pantry- a big $$ saver)
- Installed new brass cabinet hardware and kitchen faucet.
- Installed white subway tile backsplash.
- Installed new mirror in powder bath.
- Painted the master bath vanity and installed new hardware & lighting.
- Kelly had the house professionally staged. It’s gorgeous!
Ready for some before and afters:
It was so fun to work with Kelly on this project. Kelly and I first met about 20 years ago when we worked at a radio station together. I was there when she met her future husband, Brent Dougherty, who also worked at the station with us as a talk show producer. Brooks and I brought our toddler twins to their wedding. I was kind of Kelly’s mentor and she was my favorite intern. She was so smart and so on the ball, I knew she was going to be successful. She has made quite the real estate career for herself over the years and I couldn’t be more proud of her. I look forward to working with her and her clients on future projects.
I know this home will sell fast. If you want to see the full listing you can check it out HERE. After photos by Showcase Photography.
Do you have a kitchen that needs an update? I would love to help you fall in love with your kitchen too. Whether you are ready for a full kitchen update or just in need of cabinet refinishing, we would love to help. We do everything from custom cabinet refinishing and painting to full kitchen project management and design. Fill out the form below if you’d like more information.