We did it! Our kitchen is complete. It’s actually been done for several weeks now, but I wanted to wait until I had it professionally photographed to share it with you. So without further delay, I present to you——-OUR NEW KITCHEN!!!!!!
If you are just jumping in on our kitchen remodel journey and want to catch up you can start from the beginning HERE, then WEEK 1 HERE, WEEK 2 HERE, WEEK THREE HERE, WEEK 4 HERE, WEEK 5 HERE and WEEK 6 HERE.
I’m planning to write some follow up posts that explain in detail some of our design decisions and our complete budget breakdown, but for today, please enjoy the after photos.
Some of my very favorite things are:
- The nugget ice maker- it really was worth the money.
- The built in banquette with the channeled back. It’s everyone’s favorite place to sit!
- The cabinet color- The Sherwin Williams Blue Peacock Cabinets make me so very happy. And the Sherwin Williams Alabaster on the upper cabinets feels bright and fresh.
- The cabinet hardware- It was a huge budget buster, but I really think it is the statement maker of the whole kitchen.
- No upper cabinets- The wall of tile feels so clean and fresh and we picked up so much storage in the re-design, I don’t miss them at all.
- A huge island- it makes prepping a meal and serving food so much more convenient.
- A single bowl sink- I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that it is black and hides dirt.
Let me remind you of where we started.
And where we finished.
I couldn’t be any happier with the way everything turned out. I can’t even think of one single thing I would have done differently.
Photos by Geinger Hill.
If you want your kitchen to make you as happy as this one makes me, we’d love to talk to you. We do everything from custom cabinet painting to full kitchen project management and design. Fill out the form below if you’d like more information.
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality says
Hey, Dana!! I just got a chance to come by and look at your new kitchen and it is so WOW!! I know you are pinching yourself, it’s so bright and open and airy and colorful. I love it all too and it looks so YOU! What a change and beautiful update with the vintage things, that gorgeous cabinet color and everything else combined. That banquette!! Another wow! Congrats, girl, I can’t wait to see it in person one day!
Milan Jara says
Hi Dana, your kitchen looks so AMAZING!!!. It was looking great before but you took it to the whole new level.
Dana Tucker says
Thanks so much!!! It’s finally the way I want it!!
Erin Speer says
Can you tell me the exact backsplash used?
Dana Tucker says
I got the tile from Floor & Decor. I couldn’t find it on their website so it might be discontinued. If you want to do a search try looking for picket tile or elongated hex. Good luck!!