We did it!
Well, we mostly did, anyway. We remodeled a kitchen in just 6 weeks. With some great planning, excellent trade partners and the most amazing, flexible clients, we pulled it off.
We remodeled this Brentwood, TN kitchen in just 6 weeks. Here is a list of what we accomplished:
- Demo’d the huge semi-circle two-tier island
- Moved all the electrical and plumbing
- Installed all new hardwoods
- Primed, patched and painted the ceilings
- Installed a custom built rift-sawn white oak island
- Painted all the perimeter cabinets
- Installed all new quartz countertops and backsplash
- Added new lighting and hardware
I say we are “mostly finished” because there are a few small things to do yet.
The punch items left are small details.
- Install the Adorne under counter system (happening Monday)
- Our hardware came in missing a few pieces-those are being re-sent.
- The light over the breakfast table arrived with a cracked globe and a replacement should be here any day.
- Install the vents at the bottom of the dishwashers (screws lost in the renovation, go figure)
Are you ready to see the final kitchen?
First let’s remember where we started.
And here we are today.
I can’t believe how beautiful it turned out. It looks exactly like the design I had in my head. I pictured light and bright with warm textures to tie in the dark molding throughout the house. And with a touch of modern lighting and hardware to give it an edge.
I don’t know what my favorite thing is. It’s like I used ALL my favorite things in this one kitchen.
The Natural Rift Sawn Oak Island
The Quartz Countertop and Backsplash
The most gorgeous lighting fixtures
The creamy white painted cabinets
But most of all I love the new updated layout of the island. Remember the old huge curved island? It was bar height and seated a lot of people, but it didn’t have a lot of storage. My client now has storage all along the back of the island. And she can still sit six people around the island.
A few more before and after photos:
We hope you enjoyed following along on our 6 week journey of a kitchen remodel as part of the One Room Challenge. It was a HUGE challenge, AND WE PULLED IT OFF. If you missed our previous updates you can find WEEK 1 HERE, WEEK 2 HERE and WEEK 3 HERE and WEEK 4 HERE. and WEEK 5 HERE.
Final photos by Geinger Hill.
Do you have a kitchen that needs an update? We would love to help you fall in love with your kitchen too. Whether you are ready for a full kitchen update or just in need of cabinet refinishing, we would love to help. We do everything from custom cabinet refinishing and painting to full kitchen project management and design. Fill out the form below if you’d like more information.
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.